Privacy & Cookies
This website is operated by Premiair Parking Edinburgh
Premiair Parking Edinburgh (we or us) respect your privacy and take our obligations concerning the privacy of your data very seriously. Details of our on-going commitment to your privacy are contained in our UK Data Protection Policy, which can be found here.
As a user of the website (you), you acknowledge that any use of the Site is subject to this Policy, together with PPE’s terms and conditions. These terms and conditions can be found here.
The purpose of this Policy is to set out the purposes for which, and the manner in which, we may collect and use personal information that we may obtain about you. By either registering as a user of any services provided by us on the Site and/or by using the Site generally you consent and agree to this use by us.
We ask that you read this Policy carefully as it contains important information about what to expect when we collect personal information about you, and how we will use your personal data.
1. Use of personal information
When you register and use the Site:
You may be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details and bank account details. We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise.
We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us to:
- register you with the Site and to manage any account you hold with us
- administer Site services
- give to companies and organisations whose products you purchase through the Site
- fulfil our agreement with you and to process your purchases and obtain payment
- analyse and profile your purchasing preferences (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to
- enable us to:
- provide you with a personalised browsing experience when using the Site
- review, develop and improve the products and services which we offer and to enable us to provide you
- and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme(s)
- make decisions about you using computerised or automated technology, for example automatically
- selecting products and/or services which we think will interest you from the information we have
- keep you informed of such products and services (including products and services of other companies
- and organisations and including special offers, discounts, offers, competitions and so on) which we
- consider may be of interest to you by any of the following methods:
- telephone (including automated calls)
- SMS text messages and other electronic messages such as picture messaging
- other appropriate means of communication.
For details on how to be removed from our mailing list(s), please refer to paragraph 11.
We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties. In particular we will carry out searches with credit reference agencies and any information provided to us may be passed to these credit reference agencies for the purposes of confirming credit worthiness.
We may store and process your information on our own information technology systems or on systems owned by third parties that may store and process your information on our behalf.
2. Crime prevention
In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to other companies with the PPE group and to financial and other organisations involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way. Without limitation to the foregoing we may disclose any information and data relating to you to the police or any regulatory or government authority in response to any request including requests in connection with the investigation of any suspected illegal activities.
3. Telephone calls
Calls may be recorded to verify content and may be used together with other customer records for regulatory compliance, quality control and staff training, preventing or detecting criminal activity and for complaint resolution.
4. Disclosure of your information
We may give information about you to the following companies and organisations that may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
- to other companies in the PPE group of companies
- to employees and agents of PPE and other approved third parties to administer any accounts,
- products and services provided to you by PPE now or in the future
- to agents who (on our behalf) profile your data so that we
may tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs
• to anyone to whom we transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you
• if we have a duty pursuant to the law to do so, or if the law allows us to do so.
We refer above to the fact that we may carry out credit reference agency searches to obtain information about you. These agencies record those searches. In addition to the purposes listed above, we may also share information about you and the conduct of your account with credit reference agencies, other lenders and relevant third parties including our legal advisors and debt recovery agencies.
5. Transfers of data overseas
In carrying out the activities specified in this section, we may transfer data to reputable companies outside the European Economic Area. The EEA comprises the EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein. Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure that your information will be afforded the same level of protection as that required of us under applicable UK data protection legislation, you should be aware that countries outside the European Economic Area may not offer the same level of protection of personal data.
By clicking on ‘I accept’, you consent to such a transfer for the purposes specified above.
New technologies are emerging on the Internet that helps us to deliver customised visitor experiences. In particular, there is a technology called “cookies” which may be used by us to provide you with, for example, customised information from the Site.
A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of the Site. Non-personal information such as browser type, operating system and domain names, may be collected during visitors’ use of the Site and this information may be used by us to measure the number of visitors to the Site.
What types of cookies do we use?
We use four types of cookies and similar tools across our website to improve its performance and enhance your user experience.
- First party cookies: we set these cookies and they can only be read by us.
- Persistent cookies: we use persistent cookies which will be saved on your computer for a fixed period
- (usually one year or longer). They won’t be deleted when the browser is closed. We use persistent
- cookies to recognise your device for more than one browsing session.
- Session cookies: we use session cookies which are only stored temporarily during a browsing session
- and will be deleted from your device when the browser is closed.
- Third party cookies: we use a number of third party suppliers who also set cookies on our website in
- order to deliver the services that they are providing. These cookies are known as third party cookies. If
- you would like more information about the cookies used by these suppliers, as well as information on
- how to opt-out, please see individual third party cookies listed below.
Cookies used on the Site and functions
The cookies used on the Site and their functions are set out in the following table:
Cookie: Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics cookies in order to evaluate your use of the websites and compile reports for us on activity on the websites. You can learn about Google Analytics cookies by visiting this site: http://www.google.com/intl/en/ privacypolicy.html.
We use the cookies provided DoubleClick which are known as DoubleClick ‘Spotlight Tags’ to measure the effectiveness of our online marketing campaigns. DoubleClick is owned by Google. You can learn about cookies for Google services by visiting this site: https://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/policies/privacy/
We use the cookies provided by Affilinet, to track sales through sites registered on our affiliate programme. You can learn about Affilinet cookies by visiting this site:
Please remember, cookies do not contain confidential information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers. If you do choose to disable cookies, you may find that certain sections of our website do not work properly.
7. IP address
Your browser also generates other information, including which language the Site is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address (IP address). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever you log on to the Internet via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our Site. We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Site. We do not use your IP address to identify you personally.
8. E-mail tags
Our HTML e-mails contain a single, unique tracking tag to tell us whether the e-mail is opened and verify any click-throughs to links on our website within the e-mail. We use this information to determine which of our e-mails are more interesting to our customers, to find out which customers wish to continue receiving e-mails and to inform our third party advertisers how many customers have clicked on their advertisements. The pixel will be deleted when you delete the e-mail.
We will treat all of your information in strict confidence and we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure once it has been transferred to our systems. However, the internet is not a secure medium and we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
You have the right to know what personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) we keep about you. Upon receipt of a written request to the address below and payment of a fee, we shall consider any request to provide such information to you. You also have the right to have any information we hold about you corrected if it is incorrect. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you may be incorrect, and you are unable to change it yourself as described below, please contact us at the address set out below.
Please be aware that the Site may link to other websites which may be accessed through our Site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.
11. How can I get my name removed from PPE mailing list(s)?
If you want to be removed from our mailing list(s), please send an e-mail to premiairparkingedinburgh.co.uk with the words ‘remove from marketing database’ in the subject line and the e-mail address that you wish to be removed within the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 7 days to action your request. In addition, each electronic mailing we send you will contain details of how you can unsubscribe. If you agree to us providing you with marketing information, you can always opt out at a later date.
12. Contact us
PPE has appointed a Data Protection Officer whose role is to ensure compliance by PPE and other group operating companies with the Data Protection Act 1998, this Policy and other related policies and any relevant operating company procedures and practices. Specific responsibilities include assessing the current knowledge of data protection within PPE and other group operating companies, ensuring that appropriate training on data protection is provided to operating company staff as required and managing any data security breaches.
Any questions or concerns about the operation of this Policy should be referred in the first instance to PPE’s Data Protection Officer at the following address: Premiair Parking Edinburgh, 49 Eastfield Road, Edinburgh, EH28 8LS or by e-mail at premiairparkingedinburgh.co.uk.
13. Changes to this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. We may amend and update this Policy from time to time, and any changes in the future will be posted on this page. This Policy was last updated in April 2015.